Figures in our website are quoted for indication purpose only and subject to variation. Please contact our nearest branch or Call Center for our services requirements and more information.
✖  Close
ACLEDA Bank Plc.

 »  Media  »  Latest News  »  ACLEDA Bank Plc. Increases Additional Capital of US$42,037,861

ACLEDA Bank Plc. Increases Additional Capital of US$42,037,861

June 9, 2016

Phnom Penh — June 9, 2016 — ACLEDA Bank Plc., a leading commercial bank for all sectors, has announced today that it additionally injects capital by US$42,037,861 on top of its current registered capital of US$265,726,050. Therefore, the total registered capital of ACLEDA Bank Plc. is US$307,763,911.

ACLEDA Bank Plc. is 51% owned by Cambodian interests, including ACLEDA Financial Trust and ASA, Plc., with the remaining 49% held in equal parts by leading COFIBRED S.A. (COFIBRED), Stichting Triodos Sustainable Finance Foundation (TSFF), Triodos Custody B.V. (TFSF), Triodos SICAV II-Triodos Microfinance Fund (TMF), Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC), and ORIX Corporation.

The additional capital injection by US$42,037,861 will be contributed from stock dividend paid by the Bank. This is the 13th times that ACLEDA Bank Plc. has raised its registered capital since it became a bank.

ACLEDA's Chairman, Mr. CHHAY Soeun, explained that this new capital increase can fulfill two major things. "Firstly, ACLEDA continues to experience strong growth in its core domestic and overseas business with loans and other financial services and total assets increasing at more than 27% annually," he said. "Secondly, is to maintain our capital base at the upper level of the regulatory prudency ratios. The most important of all is the need to build public trust. By demonstrating that we have strong shareholders ready and willing to support the bank we are creating confidence in our ability to protect our customers' savings."

Dr. IN Channy, President and Group Managing Director, said that the subsequent capital increase is for strengthening the competitive position in the ASEAN economic integration context including branch expansion locally and internationally and regional growth and building the digital financial infrastructure responding to customers’ need. ACLEDA Bank Plc. has set the net profit after tax record to US$105.07 Million in 2015 while NPAT was only US$475,168 in 2001. This capital increases made its current total net-worth reached at US$600,815,766 in June, 2016. ACLEDA Bank Plc. has sustainably providing financial products and services for more than 24 years for all segment of the community – both private and public sectors through 258 branches throughout Cambodia, 41 branches and offices in Laos, and 6 branches and offices in Myanmar with the total assets of roughly US$4,196 million, loans outstanding of US$2,621 million, and savings & deposits of US$2,888 million as of May, 2016.

Currently, ACLEDA Bank Plc. has five subsidiaries which are ACLEDA Bank Lao Ltd., ACLEDA Securities Plc., ACLEDA Institute of Business, ACLEDA MFI Myanmar Co., Ltd. and ACLEDA Properties Ltd.


For further information, please contact:

Dr. So Phonnary
Executive Vice President & Group Chief Operations Officer
E-mail: phonnary@acledabank.com.kh

Mr. Prom Visoth
Executive Vice President & Group Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary
E-mail: visoth@acledabank.com.kh

More
ACLEDA Unity ToanChet
1,098,409 PEOPLE USE THIS
Download: App Store and Google Play
Site Map    Form Center    User Manuals    Financial Calculator    Newsletter    Security Tips    Legal Notice
Online Visitors: 75    Today​ Visitors: 1,191    Yesterday Visitors: 11,556