Figures in our website are quoted for indication purpose only and subject to variation. Please contact our nearest branch or Call Center for our services requirements and more information.
✖  Close

 »  Media  »  Latest News  »  ACLEDA Bank Plc. Increases Additional Capital of US$36,679,149

ACLEDA Bank Plc. Increases Additional Capital of US$36,679,149

September 3, 2018

Phnom Penh — September 3, 2018 — ACLEDA Bank Plc., "The Bank You Can Trust, the Bank for the People", and the Cambodia's leading commercial bank, has announced today that it additionally injects capital by US$36,679,149 on top of its current registered capital of US$358,544,956. Therefore, the total registered capital of ACLEDA Bank Plc. is US$395,224,105.

ACLEDA Bank Plc. is 51% owned by Cambodian interests, including ACLEDA FINANCIAL TRUST and ASA, Plc., with the remaining 49% held by Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC), ORIX Corporation, COFIBRED S.A, Triodos Sustainable Finance Foundation (TSFF), Triodos Fair Share Fund (TFSF), and Triodos SICAV II-Triodos Microfinance Fund (TMF). The additional capital injection by US$36,679,149 will be contributed from stock dividend paid by the Bank in 2017. This is the 15th times that ACLEDA Bank Plc. has raised its registered capital since it became a bank.

ACLEDA's Chairman, Mr. Chhay Soeun, explained why the Bank was seemingly always hungry for new capital, cited three principal reasons. Firstly, ACLEDA continues to experience strong growth in its core domestic and overseas business with loans and other financial services and total assets increasing at more than 22% annually for the last five years. Secondly, is to maintain our capital base at the upper level of the regulatory prudency ratios. But perhaps the most important of all is the need to build public trust. By demonstrating that we have strong shareholders ready and willing to support the Bank; we are creating confidence in our ability to protect our customers' savings.

Dr. In Channy, President & Group Managing Director, said that the subsequent capital increase is to strengthen capital base and to support the Bank's growth in both local and international market, further development of electronic and digital bank infrastructure deployments and continuously upgrading to meet its strategic goals. In addition to the calling on its shareholders for capital increases in stock dividend, the Bank has maintained in its general reserves retaining between 50% to 60% of its Net Profit After Tax and reports that its current total net-worth has reached at US$734,572,698 by the end of July 2018. As the Cambodia's leading commercial bank, it always focuses on its customers' needs and determines to meet their high demand in all segments for more than 25 year experiences.

Currently, ACLEDA Bank Plc. has five subsidiaries: ACLEDA Bank Lao Ltd., ACLEDA Securities Plc., ACLEDA Properties Ltd. ACLEDA Institute of Business, and ACLEDA MFI Myanmar Co., Ltd. as well as representative offices in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar. It has 262 branches and offices in Cambodia, 41 branches and offices in Lao, and 9 branches and office in Myanmar, with total assets over US$5.43 billion. It celebrates two million saving accounts last month. Thanks to the latest technology, the FinTech product, the ACLEDA Unity ToanChet enables ACLEDA Bank Plc. to reach more active customers in all segments of the community.


For further information, please contact:

Dr. So Phonnary
Executive Vice President & Group Chief Operations Officer
E-mail: phonnary@acledabank.com.kh

Mrs. Buth Bunsayha
Executive Vice President & Group Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary
E-mail: buth.bunsayha@acledabank.com.kh

Any comment or inquiry?
+855 (0)23 994 444
+855 (0)15 999 233
inquiry@acledabank.com.kh

For complaint purpose
(every working day from 7:30 to 16:30)
Tel: +855 (0)15 888 654
E-mail: cmc@acledabank.com.kh

MORE
ACLEDA Unity ToanChet
ACLEDA Bank Plc.
FREE - On the App Store and Google Play
Site Map    Form Center    User Manuals    Financial Calculator    Newsletter    Security Tips    Legal Notice    Code of Banking Practice
Online Visitors: 97    Today​ Visitors: 15,837    Yesterday Visitors: 18,917